2 oz bottles
A common mistake when using essential oils is applying them directly to the skin. This often causes irritation or sensitivity, as pure essential oils are too potent for direct application. One way to safely apply essential oils topically is to mix them with carrier oils, which are used to dilute essential oils before applying them to your skin.
Carrier oils do not have a strong aroma, and are ideal for mixing with essential oils without reducing their benefits. Be sure to use the correct ratio of essential oil to carrier oil when mixing. Additionally, check out some of the great benefits of the carrier oils themselves!
Carrier Oil Descriptions:
- Avocado- Thicker than most carrier oils, contains fatty acids, vitamins A,C,D, and E, and minerals
- Almond- Softens and soothes skin, high in vitamin E
- Castor- Natural antibacterial and anti-inflammatory
- Fractionated Coconut- Thinner than most carrier oils, moisturizes skin and absorbs very quickly
- Palm Oil- Softens skin, rich with antioxidants, high in Vitamin K
- High Oleic Sunflower- Absorbs into skin at average speed, contains high amounts of vitamins A, B, D, and E and minerals
- Soybean- Easily absorbed, leaves a smooth sensation on the skin
- Vegetable Glycerin- Great for moisturizing the skin
The information on this website has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration or any other medical body. We do not aim to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any illness or disease. Information is shared for educational purposes only. You must consult your doctor before acting on any content on this website, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.